Thursday, September 29, 2011

History 101

Hi Friends
Well it is autumn once again and as I have taken a significant break from blogging I feel it is time once again to get back to it and will be taking a look at any gains we may have made and re-examining others.
Sadly there seems to be NO major changes for the First people of this land, and I find my self once again opining on some pretty obvious short comings of our, shall I call them, "settler societies"? Educating Canadians of their governments' duplicitous nature as regards the First Nation, is not something that I take lightly.

Lets start from the ground up.Please don't decry the spending of tax-dollars on Aboriginal reserves...this is not your tax dollars, but could be more characterized as rental fees.
By the way you're late on your rent, and as you have partied here on our shared lands for centuries, and have caused nearly irreparable damage, we are now going to have to come to some agreement on a damage deposit.

The hostile acts you have perpetrated on our First Nations people here will be another thing we will need to be addressing. The wiping out of the Beotuk Nation is just the start. The genocide you initiated along with the undeclared war on my ancestors that continues unabated to this day will need to be examined!

But thats another blog.

regards Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment